Continuing to expand its reach throughout North America, Anime Network has signed linear carriage deals with Puerto Rico’s two largest cable providers, One Link and Liberty Cablevision. These deals, which represent more than two-thirds of the island, will net the 24/7 channel 178,000 new subscribers. Additionally, America’s #1 Anime Channel has secured 24/7 linear deals in Missouri, Texas, Florida and Wisconsin, with launches on Longview, Optical Entertainment Network (OEN), Home Town Cable and Community Antenna, respectively.
Today’s news-which adds another five markets to Anime Network’s distribution- represents new growth for the channel as a 24/7 linear offering. Anime Network is already the largest VOD offering and one of the most popular SVOD services available today-with over 95% penetration to all VOD-enabled households. The company has prided itself in offering MSOs an array of content packages that speak to the needs of the consumer.
‘We are delighted at the opportunity to bring our linear channel to television audiences in Puerto Rico, as well as to the other regions served by these new partners,’ said Kevin McFeeley, the Network’s Vice President of Affiliate Sales and New Media. ‘Anime Network has already had tremendous success in the on-demand realm. We look forward to seeing its continued growth as a 24/7 offering as well.’
Anime Network’s current linear launch schedule for each MSO is as follows:
* One Link - Now available on Channel 134 in Puerto Rico
* Liberty Cablevision - January 21, 2007 launch, Channel 70 in Puerto Rico
* Longview - Now available on Channel 221 in Missouri
* OEN’s FISION Service - January 2007 launch, Channel 305 in Houston, Texas
* Home Town Cable - December 15 launch, Channel 175 in Florida
* Community Antenna - December 15 launch, Channel 221 in Wisconsin